- Contact Us
Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: Devens, MA
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Process Engineer will provide process engineering expertise to develop and implement process concepts and designs on technically complex projects. The process engineer is responsible for coordinating with other disciplines including software engineers, electrical engineers and designers and also client personnel to ensure the design requirements are met. Project sizes will vary, and will consist primarily of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial process systems.
In addition to the basic qualifications listed below, the successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver to customers.
- Gathering process data and developing project requirements.
- Directing the development of mass balances and detailed equipment lists for complex processes.
- Developing process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Working with the PM and other discipline leads to ensure process deliverables and all the necessary details related to the process are delivered on time, fully coordinated, and within the project budget.
- Researching process equipment providers and making recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements.
- Writing process equipment specifications for complex equipment.
- Writing testing requirements and attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment.
- Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, and making field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies used in our industry and being aware of the approximate costs of the various technologies that could be used to solve our clients' design challenges.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Degree in Chemical or Bio Engineering preferred
- 4 years of experience, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
- Experience with developing process strategies/philosophies for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial processes required
- Experience with FDA, EMA, and other regulatory standards and requirements required
- Experience with MS Office products especially Word, Visio and Excel required
- Ability to lead a project from a process perspective, to direct the process design effort required
- Ability to present process designs to existing and new clients required
- Advanced knowledge and application of cGMP required
- Advanced knowledge and application of ASME BPE required.
ALL JOB CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY TO:
LEWA-Nikkiso America, Inc.
Human Resources Director
8 Charlestown St.
Devens, MA 01434