- Contact Us
Lead Fabricator / TIG Welder / Pipe Fitter
Job Title: Fabricator / TIG Welder / Pipe Fitter
Location: Devens, MA
Reports to: Shop Foreman
LEWA Bioprocess Technologies designs, builds and installs process equipment for customers in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor, cosmetics/personal care, food & beverage, alternative energy and fine chemical industries--or in any industry where the integrity and purity of fluids are regulated or of intrinsic importance. We are the global center of excellence for the LEWA Group in systems for the life sciences, (biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical), personal care, fine chemical and food & beverage industries.
Our company stands on the core values of honesty, integrity, and trust--principles that underscore the approach we take to our products, an unflagging commitment to precision and quality, and in the way we conduct business, with straightforward candor and fair mutual dealing.
By integrating all aspects of process design, automation, fabrication, installation, and service in a single company, we give our customers a fast, well-conceived, economical, and reliable path to processing brilliance. Products specified from us are automatically guaranteed for commercial and technical certainty.
From our 21,000 s.f. (2000 m2) manufacturing headquarters in Devens, MA (U.S.), our dedicated team of more than 80 process engineers, mechanical engineers, highly certified welders and assemblers, automation specialists and project manager produce ingenious solutions--built around best-in-class LEWA pumps.
With our project management capabilities and long industry experience, we understand what goes on upstream and downstream of your process, allowing us to avoid project snags and optimize systems for lifecycle costs and maximum efficiency. Our team completes hundreds of installations per year, and is backed by LEWA and Nikkiso global sales and service organizations, with field offices in 80 countries around the world.
We welcome the chance to help you to lower your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), efficiently scale production, reduce your line's footprint, and improve product consistency and integrity. To start a profitable discussion, please let us know the best way to be in touch: email/form/phone.
LEWA Process Technologies, founded in 2000 as "Integrated Process Technologies is a subsidiary of the LEWA Group, a $300-million leader in diaphragm and metering pumps. We leverage regional services, engineering, commercial specialists and research and development from both LEWA and Nikkiso Group Companies to serve as a life cycle innovation supplier worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Lead Fabricator / TIG Welder / Pipe Fitter for our facility in Devens, MA.
The Lead Fabricator / TIG Welder / Pipe Fitter will coordinate, monitor and supervise activities in the manufacturing and development of skids, field work, and products associated with the production of equipment and piping projects. They will organize and actively assist in the cross-training of group employees.
- Mobilize and manage field assignments - some travel required
- Meet with Project Managers and transfer projects to the shop floor and field
- Manage work force leveling and project due dates
- Maintain and improve quality standards
- Employee training and development
- Maintain all project paper work and check lists
- Maintain safety in the warehouse and manufacturing areas. Enforce company personnel safety policies.
- Implementation of continuous process improvement
- Equipment tracking and maintenance
- Kitting of equipment, tools, and parts for skids and field work
- Rigging and movement of skids and equipment safely in the shop and field
Required Experience & Knowledge:
Must have related experience in design/building of high purity process piping, skid manufacturing, and field installs in at least one of the following categories:
- Biopharm equipment
- Clean industrial equipment
- Chemical processing
- Food and beverage
- Cutting torches, welding torches, grinders, facing tools & tubing cutters.
- Gas welding or brazing or cutting apparatus.
- TIG welding equipment, Oxyacetylene welding equipment & Portable GTAW welders.
- Welders – arc welders, mobile welding units, wire-feed welders7 orbital welders.
- Welding masks – face shields, hand shields & welding shield.
- Workshop presses – drill presses, chop saws & ban saws.
- Mechanical hand tools.
- 10-15 years’ experience in TIG/GTAW welding, cutting, fabrication and various related hand tools and products/procedures
- Journeyman Process Pipefitter License required
- Pipe Fitting Skills a must
- Tube Bending Skills a must
- 5-10 years’ experience in a supervisory position is a plus
- NDT Level 2 Weld Inspector is a plus
- Fork Lift Certified a plus
- Proven leadership skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and analyze P&ID’s, blueprints, schematics, and other related engineering documents
- Knowledge of BPE standards and implementation
- Must be able to comply with and work in an FDA Regulatory Environment
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Vision: must be able to see close up and distances.
- Must be able to stand for long durations.
- Must be able to walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY TO
Director of Human Resources
132 Hopping Brook Road
Holliston, MA 01746